Places and Ways to Give
Gifts to the College of Liberal Arts enrich the learning experience by providing the means for students to learn beyond the classroom. For example, gifts to the College enabled students in the Canterbury, England study abroad program (pictured here) to visit physicist Stephen Hawking at Oxford University, the homes of well-known britons such as Winston Churchill and Charles Darwin, Canterbury Cathedral, and the Houses of Parliament.
We are grateful to our generous donors, whose gifts help the College of Liberal Arts to provide students with the foundation for a liberal education through excellent teaching, scholarship, and service. Our donors' gifts enable us to engage the best faculty, to challenge our students in the classroom, to conduct research that seeks answers to important questions, and to design experiences beyond the classroom that enrich our students and ensure their success.
Places to Give
Through the support of alumni, parents, and friends, the College can continue to generate the kind of talent and ideas that set us apart as one of Texas’ most distinguished educators in the liberal arts. Please contact us, and we’ll help you discover what a difference your gift can make. The College offers many exciting opportunities for giving, including the opportunity to name your endowed gift:
- The Dean's Excellence Fund, supporting the College's strategic needs—including faculty and student excellence in research and scholarship, and study abroad activities. Read about the members of the Liberal Arts Advisory Board, whose gifts ensure excellence in the areas of strategic need.
- Scholarships to help gifted undergraduate students achieve their dreams.
Read about donor Elizabeth Topper Nash.
- Graduate fellowships to attract the most promising scholars.
Read about donors W. Morgan and Lou Claire Rose.
- Endowed chairs, endowed professorships, and research funds to attract and
retain outstanding faculty.
Read about donors Jesse H. and Mary Gibbs Jones and the Houston Endowment.
- Program funds to support lecture and performance series, visiting scholars, and
student and faculty research and scholarship beyond the campus.
Read about donors Kenneth and Verena Wilson.
- Buildings, classrooms, centers, institutes, libraries, laboratories, and other facilities
that enrich the learning environment.
Read about donor William P. Hobby.
Ways to Give
The College of Liberal Arts has always benefited from the bold vision and generous giving of its alumni, parents, and friends. Just as the College may have influenced your life, you have the opportunity to shape the future of the College and of generations of students through your philanthropic plan. There are many ways to give to the College of Liberal Arts. Our staff is ready to work with you and your advisors, in confidence and without obligation, to help you explore the best way to give.
- Outright gifts
- Planned gifts
- Naming opportunities
Scholarships and fellowships
Faculty support endowments
Academic and research facilities endowments