Harold and Betty Marburger Endowment in Liberal Arts
The Endowment supports the Marburger Scholarship to be held by a junior or senior pursuing teacher certification in a discipline in the College of Liberal Arts. This is a $700 scholarship ($350 Fall/$350 Spring).
Application Deadline: Due by 5 p.m. Monday, May 11, 2020, in FH 313*
Full-time undergraduates (minimum of 12 hours) may apply, provided they meet the following criteria:
1. Junior or senior classification
2. Enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts, seeking teacher certification and majoring in English, Geography, History, World Languages and Literatures, or Political Science
3. Overall GPA of 2.75 or above
Applicants must submit a file folder containing the following:
1. Completed application form (attached).
2. Current Texas State degree audit, printed from web
3. Current Texas State transcript, printed from web
5. One letter of recommendation from a Texas State Liberal Arts faculty member in the applicant’s major department, in a sealed envelope with signature over the seal
6. Essay explaining why the applicant wants to be a teacher (no longer than 300 words)
This scholarship is awarded for one semester at a time, and the student who holds it must maintain at least an Overall 2.75 GPA in the fall—and continue to pursue teacher certification—in order to receive the scholarship for the spring.
*Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.